Company: Constançon Currencies Ltd / Constançon Currencies
Location: South Buckinghamshire / London / South Africa
Roles: Chairman and two Non-Executive Directors
Salary : Pro bono for first year, fees and / or investment considered from year two
Post Date: 25 March 2019
Close Date : Midnight, Sunday 19th May
Website: www.Constançon Currencies.com
About the Company
Constançon Currencies is the only independent foreign exchange advisory business serving SME’s, family businesses and large corporates in the UK
Constançon Currencies provides a fully outsourced foreign exchange treasury for importing and exporting companies. The service handles all requirements from risk appetite formulation, to risk assessment, business understanding, implications of forex on the business, accounting actions and entries, cash flow management, daily portfolio review, payment and receipt decisions, negotiating the rates with providers, full detailed reporting on all forex and determination of the exact cost or revenue to the business of every foreign invoice.
This treasury service is tried and tested having been first delivered in 1988 in South Africa by the same founder and listed on the JSE in 1997.
The potential for the forex treasury service is vast, the founder wishes to take the business to another successful listing, IPO, trade sale or similar exit in the next 5 years. The company is looking to grow customers exponentially in the UK, SA, Africa, Europe and other Commonwealth markets, particularly where there are natural links to the UK or South Africa. The service is focused on corporates and not on individuals, who are handled by another company where the founder has an interest.
To support the delivery of the service, the company has developed the third iteration since 1988 of the software to run the business. This software is totally bespoke and takes forex treasury management for corporates to another level.
The software, designed as a SaaS service is planned as a new revenue stream for the business, servicing corporate treasuries and international trading companies, not requiring the advisory service, with tools to manage global exposures and hedging risk effectively.
This company can be classified as FinTech company with an advisory service or vice versa.
The potential for this business is global and the infrastructure in place allows for immediate scalability.
About the Role
Three roles are being considered, Chairman and two Non-Executive Directors to support the executive drive through the next growth phase. A mix of the following skills and capabilities to span the three roles:
- Significant experience in a global trading importing or exporting company
- Previously a Finance Director or forex Treasurer of a FTSE or large company
- Experience in Financial Services as an Executive, NED or Chairman
- Deliver value for turnaround / fast growth companies / early stage businesses
- Worked with or in outsourcing services
- Actively involved in financial a global risk management
- FCA knowledge of conduct regulations
- Regulatory compliance and AML knowledge
- Team player
- Ability to work with owner run / small business / high growth challenges
- Connections in globally trading businesses
- Experience taking a business to the market, preferably a SaaS product or finance related
- Experience in raising funding, first and later stages
- Technology background
- Connections in the technology / FinTech / Accounting applications markets
- Experience in bespoke development of inhouse technology solutions
- Mentor to CEO
- Challenge and hold the executives to account
- Work with executives on strategy formulation
- Support the formulation of goals
- Assess the markets and market changes
- Support sourcing funding in the business
- Help lead the business successfully to an appropriate exit
- Understand foreign exchange management at corporate level
- Understand the requirements of regulation, regulation change to ensure company is ahead
- of the curve
- Be connected in the financial / forex treasury world
- Good understanding of forex and market risks
- Experienced NED and / or experienced Chairman
What is in it for Applicants
- Be part of an innovative financial services fintech and consultancy organisation that is driving improved capability and trade related savings for UK Ltd
- Be involved in a FinTech SaaS product becoming commercial
- Be part of the strategy formulation to put this forex and fintech business on the map
- Become better connected in the global trading market place
- Attend regular quality content seminars / panel debates / workshops being delivered by the company
- Increase your network
- Contribute directly to the formulation of services delivered by Constançon Currencies and Constancon Currencies
- Be part of the publication of the organisations first book on Corporate Forex Management
- Contribute knowledge to White Papers
- Learn through being a mentor to the CEO
- Have the option to invest into the company, based on defined metrics
Commitment / Remuneration
- Time Commitment is expected to range from 3 to 5 days, depending on the role, per quarter
- delivered in pockets of hours not days at a time.
- Full face to face Board meetings are quarterly with short Board calls for the months in
- Chairman expected to have regular one to one contact with the CEO
- Each NED/Chairman to lead on a different aspect of the growth agenda
- Directors are expected to be the eyes and ears of the organisation and to alert the
- executives to relevant external information.
- Non-remunerated initially, but metrics for remuneration based on growth will be agreed to
- convert to paid roles.
- Directors may wish to consider an investment in the business
- Directors may wish to get involved in relevant paid training and development initiatives
How to Apply
- Maximum of a two page relevant CV reflecting related achievements
- Maximum of a two page:
- Why role is wanted
- Capabilities, skills and experience
- What difference you will deliver to the organisation
- Define which roles you are applying for as your first choice
- Apply using the form below or send applications directly to the CEO on email@example.com
- Reference your Email – “Constançon Currencies NED Role”
[contact-form-7 id=”1284″ title=”NED Application”]